Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
----
Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Sometimes I think I have hit a writer's block. But it seems I have hit a readers block instead. Last week I got 5 very thick books to prepare for an exam. The first book I tried to read at 11 pm had small font size, bad cover design and a sleepy reader. The second one, which I tried the next day, was an epitome of bookish language galvanised (to use such a word) with all the trite pharses in the world. Being an editor and paid a neat sum for simple writing, I could not tolerate it for more than an hour and had goosebumps. I am yet to try the other 3 boooks!

1 comment:

Nowhere man said...

Hi, Wat r u preparing for Mr. Editor...do journalists too give exams? well a d bst